In my opinion All of the factions contain a part of another faction as part of theirs for example to maintain a peaceful society you need selflessness and to be brave you need to be selfless etc. That is why it is so hard to box yourself into one specific faction .. Do you agree or disagree what are your opinions?

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree. I've actually gone through and connected all of the factions.

Abnegation-Amity: They serve others and sacrifice to keep the peace.

Abnegation-Candor: They understand that telling the truth is better for others in the long run.

Abnegation-Dauntless: They aren't afraid to stand up for others.

Abnegation-Erudite: They use their knowledge to help others.

Amity-Candor: Telling the truth prevents later conflict.

Amity-Dauntless: They protect people so that they can have peace, and they're able to stay peaceful because they aren't afraid of any way that others can hurt them.

Amity-Erudite: They use their knowledge to smooth over fights, etc.

Candor-Dauntless: They aren't afraid to tell the truth.

Candor-Erudite: They share their knowledge and always tell the truth about what they find.

Dauntless-Erudite: They learn tactics and use their superior intelligence to help them fight.

Yea its so true haha thx

That's why I can't see the faction system working out in the real world. Everybody is at least a little Divergent and could fit into more than one faction.

I agree as well. I think one of Roth's points in these books is that each of these values is needed within a person. It would make sense that the society as a whole would represent one person and how, when he or she comprimises one value for another, he or she could be torn by internal chaos. At one point Tobias even talks about how he wants to be like each faction.

Yes, and the future Chicago is shown as dysfunctional. It's mostly uninhabited ruins. There's also a spoilery response to this idea at the end of Insurgent.
Marissa Mulligan said:

I agree as well. I think one of Roth's points in these books is that each of these values is needed within a person. It would make sense that the society as a whole would represent one person and how, when he or she comprimises one value for another, he or she could be torn by internal chaos. At one point Tobias even talks about how he wants to be like each faction.

Yes I think that's why she had to do what she did in Allegiant. She realized there's no way human beings the way we are could possibly fit into only one faction. That's why she said it was because of people messing around with genes.

Amber Jewel said:

That's why I can't see the faction system working out in the real world. Everybody is at least a little Divergent and could fit into more than one faction.

I think that as we have to interact , and sometimes contend with various types of persons , from differing factions. , we might very well have to utilize traits of each faction at certain times. Like even though overall  I'm Candor , if someone were to assail me  , perhaps because my frank words rubbed them the wrong way , I'd have to also be Dauntless. In formulating arguments in a debate I should research information in order to substantiate my points, and in doing so be Erudite. It is best to choose my battles wisely though , as not to get into any undue conflict , so that's  being Amity. It's nice to be on the look for opportunities to be of assistance to others , which is typically   attributed as being characteristic of Abnegation. So while my primary virtue is honesty , I take into consideration other qualities as well. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Fangirl over DIVERGENT here!

BE BRAVE, FOLLOW & LIKE US

TAKE THE FACTION QUIZ

Forum

Faction-Week!(?) 1 Reply

Started by Aimée in Book forum: General Discussions. Last reply by Tammy D Keene Jan 2.

Would you really be Dauntless? 49 Replies

Started by AmitySoul in Book forum: General Discussions. Last reply by Garfield May 24, 2017.

book three plot line 7 Replies

Started by Mrs. Tobias Eaton in Book forum: ALLEGIANT. Last reply by Garfield May 11, 2017.

Gilmore Girls 3 Replies

Started by Alana Amity in Beyond the Fence: Other Discussions. Last reply by Dina Haines Jan 30, 2017.

Tweet us!

© 2018       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...