Ok so who else hated how Allegiant ended? I'm guessing pretty much everyone on the site. So why don't we have a little contest to see who can write the best Alternate Ending for Allegiant! I think all of us would like a different fate for our beloved Tobias and Tris. So who's with me? Let's get writing!

Views: 7837

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another good ending.. Loved it!! !  
Sarah Verve said:

I desperately wanted a better, happier ending (basically one that didn't make me cry my eyes out). This is from the time Tris sees her mother after she was shot. Tell me if you like it!

My mother smiles, and her gentle pull on me falters. “Tris,” she says softly, “Abnegation taught us that sacrificing yourself is the ultimate way to show people that you love them.” I look at her smile, unsure of what will follow.  “But actually it is when you’re there for them when they need you.” Her smile broadens. “Your time is not now, my little girl. Be brave,” she says, and she lets go.

And then I’m floating in darkness, wanting to call her name, to see her again, but I can’t. Hope fills me a moment later, because I realise that I’m going back. I’m going back to my friends and new family, and I don’t care about my enemies, I don’t care about the Bureau, I don’t care because I’m going back to the people I love.

I’m going to Christina. To Tobias, who loves me. Whom I love.

Longing and giddiness heat me up, and the fire to live t0hat extinguished moments ago bursts into flame again. I open my eyes, and I find myself looking into Tobias’s dark blue ones, and in that moment when I see him, I know everything will be alright.

“Tris,” he croaks, and then he’s kissing me. In that moment, I forget about everything that worries me as I kiss him back. Sadness will come, and so will anger and loss, but not here, not now. I slip my arms around him, and he’s still so strong and certain and wonderful. He leans down and buries his face in my neck and kisses me there. A sigh escapes me, and I know that this is definitely worth living for.

“I thought you left me,” he whispers. I feel a tear on my cheek, but I’m not sure whose it is. “I would never leave you,” I say, and his lips are on mine again.

Here, with sunshine pouring through the window and with Tobias’s arms around me and his mouth fit perfectly against mine, I can imagine a future. I can imagine things that will happen moments from now, like Christina’s tearful shriek as she tackles me with a hug so tight it hurts. And I can imagine things that are years away.

I can imagine a place where we are happy. And I know this future will come. 

Ugh I was so disappointed in the last book and not just the ending so here's my alternate ending :p

So it starts just after Tris dies

I smile and close my eyes

I hear a voice, it's sounds distant like I'm under water, calling my name "Beatrice, come on Beatrice open your eyes" She sounds familiar, I try to open my eyes, they feel so heavy, the voice is getting louder, clearer. Slowly I open my eyes, everything is a blur but slowly I begin to focus and there she is standing over me smiling, a smile I never thought I would see again.......but....how....what on Earth is going on?

"T T Tori??" I stutter. "Just relax a minute" she says, her hand on my shoulder, steadying me. "It's going to take a bit of time for you to re adjust" "I I I don't understand?" I mutter "You've completed your apptitude test" she says, "let me explain how the test works, it might help you process things a little better. The serum works with you own head, your own memories, sort of like a dream would, except it has a certain agenda. It steers you in the way of making certain decisions and uses all of the five factions codes to see which one suits you most or you lean towards most. Everyone dies in the end, it's the way out, how you die or more to the point for what reason is the final determination of which faction you're made for and in your case it's most definitely Abnegation"

I don't say a thing for a long time but Tori is patient, I guess it's a standard reaction that she used to. Finally I ask, "how long have I been here, I mean how long have I been under?" "About 30 minutes" she says "I know it feels alot longer, it's much like a dream in that sense also"

She hands me a glass of water, "I'll give you five minutes to collect yourself" and she leaves me alone. So I was Abnegation all along, I wanted it to be that way so badly but I was so plagued with doubts of my own selflessness but now I know I can do it, I'm worthy of my parents love and dedication. Suddenly the fog of the simulation lifts and I feel so happy and confident in my decision tomorrow. Tori comes back in and I smile and embrace her, she laughs and says "not very Abnegation of you Beatrice" I shrug "Oh, thanks for killing me off by the way" she scolds "and I'm an only child" she says and winks

I walk through the Abnegation sector in a world of my own, deep in thought about everything that had just happened....or not happened when I hear a voice... his voice, my heart stops for a moment and I turn around. "Hey Tris" he says "How did it go?" Tobias. He's the only one who ever calls my Tris, his dad and mine work together and are best friends, we've known eachother since we were kids, I think he sees me as a little sister. Oh God Marcus, I instantly feel a pang of guilt for dreaming him into being such a monster, and his mom too. The guilt immediatly disappears and is replaced by embarssment when I remember Tobias part in my simulation, when his eyes meet mine I can't stop the blood rushing into my cheeks. "ugh, fine, good, great, thanks" I stammer. He looks at me a little confused or bemused maybe, "Well good look tomorrow" he says nudging me playfully, his touch sending a current through my body. "thanks" I say, I feel so flustered, I turn and walk towards home, when I get my breath back I can't help looking back and he's still looking at me, neither of us look away, we hold eachothers gaze for what seems like forever, I gulp and I smile at him and he smiles back at me and it feels like the beginning of something......

The End.

AWESOME!!!!

Indulgent said:

Ugh I was so disappointed in the last book and not just the ending so here's my alternate ending :p

I hear a voice, it's sounds distant like I'm under water, calling my name "Beatrice, come on Beatrice open your eyes" She sounds familiar, I try to open my eyes, they feel so heavy, the voice is getting louder, clearer. Slowly I open my eyes, everything is a blur but slowly I begin to focus and there she is standing over me smiling, a smile I never thought I would see again.......but....how....what on Earth is going on?

"T T Tori??" I stutter. "Just relax a minute" she says, her hand on my shoulder, steadying me. "It's going to take a bit of time for you to re adjust" "I I I don't understand?" I mutter "You've completed your apptitude test" she says, "let me explain how the test works, it might help you process things a little better. The serum works with you own head, your own memories, sort of like a dream would, except it has a certain agenda. It steers you in the way of making certain decisions and uses all of the five factions codes to see which one suits you most or you lean towards most. Everyone dies in the end, it's the way out, how you die or more to the point for what reason is the final determination of which faction you're made for and in your case it's most definitely Abnegation"

I don't say a thing for a long time but Tori is patient, I guess it's a standard reaction that she used to. Finally I ask, "how long have I been here, I mean how long have I been under?" "About 30 minutes" she says "I know it feels alot longer, it's much like a dream in that sense also"

She hands me a glass of water, "I'll give you five minutes to collect yourself" and she leaves me alone. So I was Abnegation all along, I wanted it to be that way so badly but I was so plagued with doubts of my own selflessness but now I know I can do it, I'm worthy of my parents love and dedication. Suddenly the fog of the simulation lifts and I feel so happy and confident in my decision tomorrow. Tori comes back in and I smile and embrace her, she laughs and says "not very Abnegation of you Beatrice" I shrug "Oh, thanks for killing me off by the way" she scolds "and I'm an only child" she says and winks

I walk through the Abnegation sector in a world of my own, deep in thought about everything that had just happened....or not happened when I hear a voice... his voice, my heart stops for a moment and I turn around. "Hey Tris" he says "How did it go?" Tobias. He's the only one who ever calls my Tris, his dad and mine work together and are best friends, we've known eachother since we were kids, I think he sees me as a little sister. Oh God Marcus, I instantly feel a pang of guilt for dreaming him into being such a monster, and his mom too. The guilt immediatly disappears and is replaced by embarssment when I remember Tobias part in my simulation, when his eyes meet mine I can't stop the blood rushing into my cheeks. "ugh, fine, good, great, thanks" I stammer. He looks at me a little confused or bemused maybe, "Well good look tomorrow" he says nudging me playfully, his touch sending a current through my body. "thanks" I say, I feel so flustered, I turn and walk towards home, when I get my breath back I can't help looking back and he's still looking at me, neither of us look away, we hold eachothers gaze for what seems like forever, I gulp and I smile at him and he smiles back at me and it feels like the beginning of something......

The End.

I really like this ending.  It was something I had never even thought of... well done!!

Dauntless-Born4 said:

AWESOME!!!!

Indulgent said:

The End.

Thanks Dauntless-Born4 & bebrave4tris :)

I saw only the movie and I loved it. I decided not to read the books before I see the movies. I did that for Hunger games and of course I lost interest in the movies. I was blissfully listening to the Divergent soundtrack couple days ago when I caught a glimpse of one the comments and found out  what happens to Tris at the end. It made me cry-and I am still getting over the fact that the author decided to destroy this beautiful young love and leave readers and audiences feeling sad, lost and hopeless. Which makes me think whether the production company might decide to actually go with an alternative ending, where Tris does not die if enough viewers/fans express disapproval and reluctance to see the movie knowing they will feel as crappy as after reading the book. After all we are the ones who pay their huge salaries right? Any ideas on how this might happen? I think posting a petition on change.org is a but much but if not other options are available why not?

Here is some alternative ending that I red as an attempt to make myself feel a bit better:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9799717/1/Allegiant-An-Alternate-Ending

http://stephanieziel.blogspot.com/2013/11/my-alternate-ending-for-a...

https://www.change.org/p/veronica-roth-give-to-the-divergent-saga-t...
It's not an alternate ending, but if you agree with me, you can sign this petition.

And, take a look at the most beautiful alternative Allegiant story I've read: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9815992/1/Determinant-One-choice-will-...
I now think about "Determinant" as the true conclusion, and it made me feel better. I stopped crying. Enjoy!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Fangirl over DIVERGENT here!

BE BRAVE, FOLLOW & LIKE US

TAKE THE FACTION QUIZ

Forum

Would you really be Dauntless? 49 Replies

Started by AmitySoul in Book forum: General Discussions. Last reply by Garfield May 24.

book three plot line 7 Replies

Started by Mrs. Tobias Eaton in Book forum: ALLEGIANT. Last reply by Garfield May 11.

Gilmore Girls 3 Replies

Started by Alana Amity in Beyond the Fence: Other Discussions. Last reply by Dina Haines Jan 30.

DO you know what these numbers mean : 2 4 8 10? (possible spoilers) 34 Replies

Started by Jeny Pineda in Book forum: General Discussions. Last reply by beatrice.ss Dec 13, 2016.

Tweet us!

© 2017       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...